Monday, January 5, 2009

I've got my big girl pants on.

I want to believe that people are inherently good.

I want to believe that people always have good intentions and don't seek to defraud and steal from others.

I don't like the situation that I am currently in.

Back in October, a Pure Romance party happened at my house.
Orders were placed and money was exchanged. 2 people committed to having their own parties and did hold those parties. (those parties had the same problem I am about to tell you about.)

The consultant who did the party in the name of Pure Romance. (she used the words Pure Romance multiple times.) Took our money, and handed out product. What she didn't have in stock she told us she'd have to order.
Not something totally unreasonable right?! It's perfectly reasonable. We as her customers in good faith gave her our checks. Some even used their debit cards.
As of today January 5Th we have not received our orders and all that we have gotten is an empty promise of delivery.
I called this consultant the day of my friend Patti's party, which was in November. I wanted an up date on my product.
I CALLED HER!! SHE HADN'T CALLED ME.
She gave me this garbage story that Pure Romance shipped her entire order wrong, she had sent it back and was waiting for her correct order to show up. She assured me that I'd have my order soon. So, I waited. And waited some more.
Yesterday, I sent her an e-mail. It bounced back to me. Today I called her cell phone.....its been disconnected. I called her land line, disconnected. Tonight "P" and I went to her house. Her car was in the driveway. Her house lights were on, there was cat food on the porch in bowls, there were noises in her house. When we knocked...the house fell silent. We waited. Noise came back. We rang the bell, the house fell silent. It was clear she wasn't coming to the door.
So as we left, and thanks to modern technology, I now have a picture of her licence plate.
I am going to take that picture with me when the Crying Jew and I go to the Sherwood Police department and file police reports of theft and fraud. I am also getting extra report forms for the ladies that were at my house and for those who attended other parties.
I have contacted Pure Romance, but without a receipt which I didn't receive as I was told she needed it for the order, I am up shit creek with out a paddle so this is my only recourse.
I am sad that I have to do this. I am not afraid, just sad.
This woman is a single mom. She has 2 kids and has recently lost her job. I am sad that I have to make her life a bit more difficult. But if I don't she will do this to more people and I can't have that on my conscience.
So, I have put my big girl pants on, tightened my belt, and I am ready for it all!

2 comments:

Short Round said...

I like chasing cars....

Eileen said...

ya know what i found on the side of the road and took it home and cooked it and put honey on it?