Thursday, January 8, 2009

Carline HELL

This is the e-mail I sent to the school principal this morning. I am sick of the entitled Sherwood parents that are afraid that their children will melt if they get rain on them.

Good Morning Mr. Smith,

I apologize for bombarding you with this first thing in the morning, but if I don't address it now, I will forget again.

The parent pick up and drop off line is a major concern for me.
This morning for example I dropped my 2 children off at school at 7:38. When I arrived, there were 6 cars stopped behind the cross walk and NO ONE had pulled up to the sign that Eric Beasley had put out saying very clearly, "Please pull forward to here." With a large arrow pointing at the spot. I had to go around those 6 cars to follow the rules.
Eric was waving all of those cars forward and from what I witnessed, only one actually acknowledged him and pulled forward the others went on with their drop offs behind the cross walk.
This concerns me a great deal. When parents have to consistently pull around the cars that are not following the rules, it creates an extremely dangerous situation for our children and staff that are using the crosswalk and creating a catch 22 of sorts.
That being, do we break the rules with the habitual offenders and not pull up creating a nightmarish Carline situation for all, or do we pass those cars to follow the rules risking hitting a child that is not paying attention crossing in the parking lot cross walk or potentially hit a staff member.
I do realize that car line will never be perfect for all. Middleton administration and staff HAVE made great improvements in the afternoon line. I do appreciate all the improvements that have been made. They have been noticed by many and appreciated.
Now our major concern should be the morning line.
I do realize that you have alot of things to do at the school, and that you can't be everywhere managing everything so, I would be happy to help create and manage a parents/staff/admin brain storming group at the school to create some flow solutions, and find an acceptable way to inform parents of what the rules are and what the consequences of not following those rules will be. I do realize that many messages have been in the Middleton Messenger regarding the line, but in some cases, it is falling on "deaf" ears.
I'd even be happy to stand out there in the morning and "gently encourage" those who do not follow the rules to begin to.
I am extremely proud of our school, and I want everyone to feel the same way I do. I just wish that some of our parents could follow the "respectful, responsible and safe" motto that our children follow.
Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
My phone number is 503-XXX-XXXX Thank you for listening, and again I apologize for hitting you with this first thing in the morning.
Have a great day,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, you put your real name on your blog. Did you mean to do that? :~P

Eileen said...

Thank you for alerting me to that.....Did the old copy and paste thingie. Im just glad I rememberd to make my phone number "X"'s. Thanks again. Wish I know who you were to thank you personally! :~)